March 5, 2019
To whom it may concern
Subject: Well 25 East Wall Construction Project – Notice Inviting Bid for and Project Contract Documents
The Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District (District) is soliciting bids for work related to construction of the east wall located at the District’s existing Well 25.
These bids will be used to select the Contractor in conjunction with review of the Contractor’s ability to meet the District’s construction schedule. The completed Scope of Work-Fee Schedule will subsequently be used to negotiate a final Scope of Work related to the wall construction at Well 25.
Vendors shall submit sealed bids identified by the Subject Line Title: “Well 25 East Wall Construction Project” by 3:00 P.M. local time on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 to the Beaumont Cherry Valley Water District Office located at 560 Magnolia Avenue, Beaumont, California 92223, telephone (951) 845-9581.
Please contact the Assistant Director of Operations, James Bean, with any questions or to set up pre bid site visits via telephone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time is of the essence for this repair work and the Contractor will be required to complete the work within 90 days from issuance on the Notice to Proceed.
Work required is described in the attached Exhibit A which includes a Scope of Work – Fee Schedule, project special requirements, and technical specifications. Quotes shall include all work listed on the attached Scope of Work-Fee Schedule included in Exhibit A. Any additional work identified in the Quotes that is not listed on the attached Scope of Work-Fee Schedule shall require written approval from the District.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit is required, and a pre-bid site visit shall be scheduled with Assistant Director of Operations James Bean. Please contact the District to arrange a site visit Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm.
Contractor must comply with and agree to all work generally as described hereafter and as set forth by the District’s attached Contract and Exhibit A attachment.
Contractor must comply with and agree to all instructions and requirements in this Notice.
- All Bids must be submitted on the prescribed Scope of Work – Fee Schedule Form. The District reserves the right to modify the scope of work through the addition or deletion of individual line items during the course of work.
- No Bid will be accepted from a Contractor who is not licensed in accordance with provisions of Chapter 9, Division 3, of the Business and Professional Code of the State of California on the date and at the time of submittal of the Bid. Required classifications are: Class A, or C-29 and C-10; Bidder shall have verifiable experience in similar work on masonry walls.
- The successful Contractor shall execute the Contract Agreement within 5 days (not including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) after the date of the Notice of Award.
- The successful Bidders shall furnish insurance in accordance with the Contract Documents before execution of the Contract Agreement.
- The Bidders shall start the Work within five (5) days after the date of the Notice to Proceed.
- In accordance with the provisions of Section 1770 to 1780 of the Labor Code of the State of California, the Bidders, and each Subcontractor, shall be required to pay the generally prevailing rate of per diem wages, including payment for health and welfare, vacation, pensions, and similar purposes, as established by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. The District has obtained from the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which this work is to be performed for each craft or type of workman needed to execute the contract. These rates are on file at the District’s offices located at 560 Magnolia Avenue, Beaumont, California 92223. Copies may be obtained on request. A copy of these rates shall be posted by the Contractor at the job site.
- Contractor shall provide an 18 month warrantee specified in the project Special Requirements included in Exhibit A.
Please call if you have any questions or require additional information.
Daniel K. Jaggers
Attachments: Draft Short Form Contract for Well 25 East Wall Construction
Exhibit A – Scope of Work – Fee Schedule
Exhibit A – Special Requirements
- Appendix A – Specifications
- Appendix B – Well 25 Location Map, Site Locations,
And Site Photos. Well 25 Block Wall Plan and Details