The Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District (District) is soliciting bids for work related to cleaning, inspection, and the minor repair of four (4) above ground storage tanks and one (1) underground storage tank. The work shall consist of furnishing all the required labor, materials, equipment, parts, implements, and supplies necessary to perform the work detailed in the Scope of Work-Fee Schedule of the Request for Quotation (RFQ). These bids will be used to select the Contractor in conjunction with a review of the Contractor’s ability to meet the District’s construction schedule.
Vendors shall submit sealed bids identified by the Subject Line Title: “Reservoir Cleaning, Inspection, and Minor Repair” by 5:00 P.M. local time on Thursday, October 25, 2018 to the Beaumont Cherry Valley Water District Office located at 560 Magnolia Avenue, Beaumont, California 92223, telephone (951) 845-9581.
Please contact the Assistant Director of Operations, James Bean, via telephone or email at email@example.com with any questions or to set up pre bid site visits.
Time is of the essence for this repair work and the Contractor will be required to complete the work within 60 days from issuance on the Notice to Proceed.
Work required is described in the attached RFQ which includes a Scope of Work – Fee Schedule, project special requirements, technical specifications, and record information for the five (5) storage tanks. Quotes shall include all work listed on the Scope of Work-Fee Schedule included in the RFQ. Any proposed work that is not listed in the Scope of Work-Fee Schedule of the RFQ shall require written approval from the District.
A pre-bid site visit can be scheduled upon request with the District’s Assistant Director of Operations James Bean. Please contact the District to arrange a site visit Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm.
Contractor must comply with and agree to all work generally as described hereafter and as set forth by the District’s attached Contract and Exhibit A attachment.
Contractor must comply with and agree to all instructions and requirements in this Notice.
- All Bids must be submitted on the prescribed Scope of Work – Fee Schedule Form. The District reserves the right to modify the scope of work through the addition or deletion of individual line items during the course of work.
- No Bid will be accepted from a Contractor who is not licensed in accordance with provisions of Chapter 9, Division 3, of the Business and Professional Code of the State of California on the date and at the time of submittal of the Bid. Required classifications are: Class B, General Contractors License and commercial diving license. Bidder shall have verifiable experience in similar work on projects that resemble the Scope of Work-Fee Schedule for Reservoir Cleaning, Inspection, and Minor Repair.
- The successful Contractor shall execute the Contract Agreement within five (5) days (not including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) after the date of the Notice of Award.
- The successful Bidders shall furnish insurance in accordance with the Contract Documents before execution of the Contract Agreement.
- The Bidders shall start the Work within thirty (30) days after the date of the Notice to Proceed.
- In accordance with the provisions of Section 1770 to 1780 of the Labor Code of the State of California, the Bidders, and each Subcontractor, shall be required to pay the generally prevailing rate of per diem wages, including payment for health and welfare, vacation, pensions, and similar purposes, as established by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. The District has obtained from the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which this work is to be performed for each craft or type of workman needed to execute the contract. These rates are on file at the District’s offices located at 560 Magnolia Avenue, Beaumont, California 92223. Copies may be obtained upon request.
- Contractor shall provide an 18 month warranty specified in the project Special Requirements included in the RFQ.
Please call if you have any questions or require additional information.